Moving Out A Tenant
- Go into "Tenant Applicant Processing".
- Go into "Enter/Update Tenants".
- Select Tenant to be moved out.
- Press the "ESC" key to get the menu across the top.
- Right arrow to "Process".
- Down arrow to "Move Out".
- Enter move out date.
- At "Move Out Code" press "F2" to select correct "Move Out Code".
- "Move Out Reason/Comment" may be used to record desired comments.
- Press "F10" to complete move out.
- System will tell you to "verify automatic system changes to Tenant Master and Unit/Property record before printing 50058/50059 or other applicable reports". Click "OK".
- Save Tenant.
- Print reports. Be sure this includes the 50058 for transmission to "MTCS".
- In "TAR" go to "Transactions", apply security deposits. Credit the tenants account for the full amount of the existing security deposit.
- In "TAR" input additional charges associated with the move out - maintenance, late charges, ect. If there is rent for the move out month that needs to be reduced, go to credit unearned rent and reduce the previously posted rent.
- The balance for the resident is now either a positive or negative number. If positive (debit balance), do a collection loss charge. If the tenant is owed money, pay the resident through A/P and do a debit memo against open credits in the same month as the check is written.